[Yellowdognews] Black Velvet Frosting

Ashley Mazalewski ashley at yellowdogcafe.com
Thu May 31 13:28:48 EDT 2018

May 2018

          *Who Forgets to share one of the best parts of the cake?
          Mothers day we sent out a delicious secret recipe of ours for
          a moms favorite. Black Velvet Cake... but we left out a very
          important part, the frosting. We would love to see a picture
          of your cake and how it turned out! Keep an eye out for our
          June newsletter which will feature something new we are
          cooking up for the summer!
          **Enjoy!*

Black Velvet Cake Frosting
*Ingredients-*

          -6 Tablespoons flour
          -2 cups milk
          -1 pound butter
          -2 cups sugar
          -1 teaspoon vanilla

*Directions

*1.Microwave milk and flour in a microwavable bowl one minute at a time.
2. Stir after each minute until it is a thick paste.
3. Microwave times vary depending on the strength of the microwave. It
is done when it is thick like paste, but it still needs to be smooth.
4. Put a piece of plastic wrap on top to keep it from forming a skin and
put it in the refrigerator for 45 minutes to chill.
5. Bring butter to room temperature.
6. In a mixer whip butter and sugar until white and creamy.
7. Add vanilla.
8. Add cold flour and milk paste to the butter mixture one tablespoon at
a time while the mixer is running.
10. Frost the cake by putting a big blob in the middle of the cake and
pushing it to the outside edge with a spatula.
11.Sit down and share with your loved ones! Enjoy!

Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/yellowdogcafe/> Web
<www.yellowdogcafe.com>

Yellow Dog Cafe
905 US-1